Monday 26 April 2010

New School!

So I'm in a new school... which is pretty exciting. I'm with a class of 32 11-12 year olds, for 5 weeks. Well definately 5 weeks, maybe longer. So far they seem... well, lets be honest here... insane. But I'm hoping that's just coz they've never had a male teacher before (i asked) and they were just in show off mode. The boys especially really need to calm down.
So in this wonderful time I have with them I get to teach not only PE (basketball! score!) but Sex Ed. Oh yeah, my job is da bomb! I'm slightly worried that while describing straight sex i'll end up using the word 'apparently' - "so, the male enters the female here, and stimulates her to orgasm...apparently" which would not be cool... though it would be funny...
And, perhaps in karma for starting this blog, the principal teacher who led my through whats expected laughingly said "don't worry you don't have to teach anything weird, like gays" which made my little gay hackles rise, though my newly minted mask just smiled and nodded. I was worried when this kinda situation appeared it would feel like dying a little inside...and you know what... it kinda did... :-(
anyway... lots of school policy stuff to read so i'm away,
See you later, boys and girls
Mr Green

No comments:

Post a Comment